If you’re Italian like me, you still want to dip into ricotta (I can hear my grandmother saying something like, “ri-got” )cheese once in a while. I find that ricotta is of the more tolerable dairy products out there and is a decent source of protein—a great support to the fitness lifestyle. so this passes as a clean dessert to have once in a while and won’t tax your system so much.
Choose organic as much as possible. For this recipe, it is important to chooses organic strawberries and hormone-free dairy products.
To keep my blog short and “sweet” like I like to do, without further ado, here are the ingredients:
- 1 (32-ounce) container non-GMO, rbst (hormone)-free ricotta cheese OR fresh ricotta if you have it!
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla rbst-free whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 ounces organic strawberries(about 2 cups whole strawberries), preferably frozen, softened
- Organic shredded coconut, for topping
Transfer ricotta to a bowl. Stir in the coconut flour and the protein powder. lightly stir in the coconut sugar, leaving some granules “un”blended. Slice strawberries and fold into ricotta mixture. Place in freezer for about an hour and up to two hours.
If desired, line a bowl with plastic wrap, fill it with the mixture before freezing. Freeze for 2-3 hours. You can also make days ahead, but you have to let it soften in a cool area for a little bit. Invert onto a serving plate, remove plastic and decorate with coconut, additional sliced strawberries and/or mint leaves, or scoop right out of the bowl into serving dishes and garnish.
Makes 16 1/2-cup servings