These cookies came out awesome after two tries. The first time I made them, they were fantastic crispy cookies to have with tea or coffee, but my family thought they should be softer. I was perfectly happy with the former, but to please the rest of the population…
These are like the ever-soft chewy chocolate chip cookie you always have loved. So, it’s really a no-brainer for home or taking to a party or giving as a gift any time of the year.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or GLUTEN-FREE flour mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 1 egg or two egg whites
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1-12 tablespoons milled flax mixed with 3 TB water
- 1 cup sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or additional coconut an almonds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Sift dry ingredients, except for sucanat, coconut, almonds and chips in a bowl. Stir to mix. Combine all wet ingredients with the sucanat Add to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Stir in the coconut, almonds and chocolate chips.
Scoop dough with a tablespoon measuring spoon. Keep in a rounder shape and put on baking sheer.
Bake for 8-9 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes about 50 cookies