Just in time for a making a healthy choice for dessert this weekend. Go out and get your ingredients now.
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup walnuts (pre-soak 6 hours and dehydrate if you have time(for better digestion))
- 3 medjool dates
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch fenugreek
- Pinch ginger
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1-4 hours, drained
- Heaping 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 fresh raw beet, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, warm
- Heaping 1/4 cup frozen organic cranberries
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
Put walnuts, dates, salt and spices in a food processor. Process until consistent and mixture can be pressed into pan.
Press into a small spring form pan or pans depending upon the size you have on hand. The thickness is your choice anyway.
Put all filling ingredients into the food processor. (note: drizzle in the coconut oil while the machine is running to prevent it form hardening in clumps upon contact with frozen cranberries)Process until smooth. Spread filling over crust. Refrigerate until firm–at least two hours.