Soft, sweet and nutritious
Couple with a black bean brownie and you’ve had your rice and beans!
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 packets pure stevia
- 1/2 cup cooked *Lundberg Farms organic Jasmine brown rice
- 1/3 cup *Lundberg farms organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil in its liquid state
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened soymilk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and stevia in a large bowl.
Mix the rice, rice syrup, coconut, the extracts, and the coconut oil in a small bowl. Stir into the dry ingredients; then add the soy milk. Mix well. Fold in the chips and raisins.
Spoon by the 1/8 cup full onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten cookies slightly. Bake for 14 minutes or until firm.Cool on a cooling rack.
* I choose Lundberg rice because it is grown in California and is a trusted organic source I love.