This is quite a versatile dessert. So it started as a dip for fruit, then we found that we wanted to eat it with a spoon. If you find this out too, you may need to double (or triple) the recipe to have enough to put into bowls.
- 1 (15-ounce bpa-free) can organic coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop or about 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (whey tastes the best)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut agave nectar (try Madhava brand)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stevia powder, to taste
Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate to allow milk to thicken and all ingredients to get cold. Serve cold with fresh or frozen fruit. Try strawberries, banana slices, raspberries.
For a topping, it is great on brownies, ice cream, or all by itself as a pudding or mousse. Top with chopped nuts, sliced almonds, coconut shreds, chocolate shavings, blueberries. The list goes on. Have fun with it!