Honey is bio-active, antibiotic, and antiseptic containing enzymes, vitamins and minerals which aid in the metabolism (and digestion) of sugars, such as glucose. Raw honey is a preventative medicine and also is used to treat conditions from ulcers, candida, bacterial infections
Bee pollen and propolis are two beneficial ingredients in honey, containing vitamins including carotenoids and bioflavonoids, minerals, lipids (fats) protein and carbohydrates. Most components of these two ingredient are anti-viral, antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory benefits and benefit the cardiovascular and immune systems.
I’d like to share some medicinal ways of using honey. Local Honey is the best raw honey you can buy not only because it is super fresh, consuming honey from your environment helps ward off allergies related to that very area you live in. You may pay a bit more, but it is well worth it.
COUGHING: When you have that nagging little cough, a little teaspoon of raw honey sliding down the throat is soothing and powerful as enzymes are fighting for you. Mix with a little lemon juice for an even more potent cough suppressant.
ALLERGIES: HOW can it help allergies? Well, it amazingly decreases the allergies to pollen. Fight fire with fire kind of thing.
The following facts brought to you by the Global Healing Center:
- Organic, raw honey can provide an energy boost. Its carbohydrates supply energy and strength and it can boost your endurance and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness, reportedly even more effective than traditional soda crackers.
- Honey is good for sore throats, laryngitis and pharyngitis.
- Honey and cinnamon can help in many areas including relief from bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath. It’s even supposed to be able to slow down hair loss.
- A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, has been proven effective when other topical ointments are not well tolerated. It can be applied to eczema, canker sores or bleeding gums.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar can be used for many ailments like stomach aches,constipation and even migraines.
Most things raw contain all the enzymes and nutrients otherwise destroyed by heating. Pasteurization is a process using heat to kill enzyme action, usually to avoid risks of harmful bacteria. Honey and other foods heated above 118 degrees Fahrenheit would be considered pasteurized. Not much need to worry about bacteria in honey anyway. Honey itself is a natural preservative. Heating it just makes it pourable.
Ways to use it as a food:
My #1 way: Simply spread on sprouted grain bread. I often sprinkle spices like cardamom or cinnamon over the top. I also like black cumin seeds with honey.
#2 In recipes: To replace 1/2 cup sugar, use 1/2 cup honey, but reduce other liquids in the recipe by half.
#3 Mix in equal parts with extra virgin coconut oil to make a quick frosting for muffins, breakfast cookies, or other breakfast breads.Tip: It is best if they are the same consistency so you can mash them together. Temperature alters the consistency of coconut oil and somewhat to honey.
Other medicinal uses:
Mix with Turmeric paste (recipe for this on Deep Roots at Home) as a curative supplement affecting many bodily systems. A great addition to your supplement routine during seasons of immune depression.
- – 4 tsp lemon juice
- – 4 tsp honey
- – 1 egg white
After blending all fixings, scar evacuation cream is prepared for use
Apply the cream straightforwardly on the scars and depart on for 20 minutes
After 20 minutes, wash the territory with warm water
Follow the cure once per day for no less than 30 days, and you’ll at long last dispose of scars that have irritated you
Notes and Resources:
- Crystal’s Raw Honey is a local favorite. I’ve currently been taking this two times per day and a pesky cough I had has totally left me. Praise God.
- You can purchase raw honey at a fantastic price through Vitacost. Purchase through my link and you will help me out as I am an affiliate for their products.
- I am a natural health consultant and do not prescribe, diagnose or claim to be able to treat disease or sickness. I educate and therefore with the knowledge you receive, you can help yourself.
Avoid the use of honey if you have sugar imbalances.Do not give honey to children under the age of one.