If you want a guilt-free cookie dough to eat, here it is; loaded with protein, fiber and nutrients, you won’t hesitate to grab one of these for a sweet treat.
When we care about what we eat and feed our family, we will see a change in health and energy levels. Feeling good after eating is a good feeling!
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
Makes about 32
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 10-20 minutes
- 3/4 cup raw prepared buckwheat (presoaked and dried for digestibility)*
- 1/2 cup organic medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar or more (optional for a little crunch)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Process cashews and buckwheat. Add dates and process until consistent. Add coconut cream, coconut oil and agave and process again. Stir in chocolate chips. Wrap dough in parchment paper; form into a log. Place in freezer just until firm enough to cut. Cut into any size pieces and shape however you want.(I used a tablespoon this time and shaped each one into a ball.) Return balls to freezer or refrigerator to firm up. They will then be ready to eat!
- Soak buckwheat for 6 hours, rinse well, shaking the strainer until water runs clear. Lay out buckwheat on a dehydrator tray. Dehydrate until crunchy again (Takes hours and depends on the temperature you set it on. (I choose about 96 degrees and leave it on for the day and transfer it to a cereal bag or container when dry) Alternatively place in a warm over until dry. For this recipe, the buckwheat doesn’t need to be completely dry, but keep in mind you don’t want to add water to the recipe.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.