This is a happy food because it makes your salad happy and therefore, you.
This is a restaurant style homemade dressing. Pour it over a mixed greens salad containing watercress and/or baby kale to which you have added steamed cubed sweet potatoes, cooked flaked salmon or tofu, and bits of red onion and red pepper.
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped (you’ll need about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly 1 teaspoon chopped
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Put all ingredients into a small blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth.
Yield: 9 ounces dressing